Have you started your Christmas shopping? Contemplating & planning for the perfect gift for the ones you love can often be more fun than
The Christmas Village Toy Store is a community outreach that seeks to come alongside local families in need and help them provide Christmas gifts for their children. Our goal is serve and assist families in need in a way that maintains their dignity and demonstrates the love of Jesus.
Here’s how it works:
- You bring a new, unwrapped gift to church on November 24, December 1 or December 8 that we will provide to Forest Hills for their Christmas Village.
- Forest Hills will dramatically reduce the price of all the items, then create a store with those repriced gifts.
- Fort Mill families who have been invited to shop at the Christmas Village Toy Store will come on Saturday, December 14, to purchase gifts for their family. Those families are permitted to spend up to $75 in the toy store.
- While at the store, shoppers are treated to wonderfully festive environment. There is Christmas music and a café complete with refreshments and food. We even offer free gift wrapping.
- Shoppers leave the store having used their own money to purchase toys that they chose specifically for their children.
The most important thing to remember as you purchase gifts is that we want the parents shopping at the Christmas Village Toy Store to be excited about the toys that they are purchasing. To make this happen, we ask that you keep in mind the following:
- We have a wonderfully diverse group of people who shop at the store. Therefore, dolls and other toys representing various ethnicities are in big demand.
- While we are truly grateful for every donation, there are a few items that we’ve found do not tend to sell well. These include common board games (examples are Sorry and Candyland), school supplies, and toys that are outdated and no longer relevant.
- Some of the most popular items include dolls of various ethnicities, LEGOs, scooters, pretend life play toys (kitchens, tool benches, play food, etc.), craft kits, and toiletries for teens.
- Donations are needed for infants through teens.
Why don’t we give the toys away? Our philosophy is “A Hand Up, Not A Handout”. We believe that offering discounted gifts allows families to stretch their money much further without sacrificing their dignity. Parents walk away knowing that THEY provided Christmas for THEIR family.
Where does the money that the store collects go? Every penny brought in through the Christmas Village Toy Store is reinvested in the Fort Mill community. This money is redistributed back into the Fort Mill community through local schools and organizations.
Who provides the gifts for the store? You do! This year, Lifepointe Church, Eternal, and Forest Hill (Fort Mill) are joining together to serve our community through the Christmas Village Toy Store.
How are families chosen to shop at the Christmas Village Toy Store? Invitations are distributed to guidance counselors in local schools, as well as other organizations who serve underprivileged families in Fort Mill (Habitat for Humanity, Fort Mill Care Center, and Family Promise).
November 17 (Sunday) - December 8 (Sunday)