In September 2004, Pastor Matt McGue and his wife, Sara, answered a call God put on their hearts to start a difference-making, grace-based church right here in Charlotte, North Carolina. With just a handful of people, a little bit of resources, and a huge dream and belief, Lifepointe Church moved from a vision to a reality!
From its small beginnings, meeting in a cafeteria at Southwest Middle School, to relocating four years later to the then Charlotte Bobcats training facility in Fort Mill, to now, just months away from cutting the ribbon on our brand new, permanent location, one thing has stood the test of time… When you make MUCH of the name of JESUS, radical life-change will take place! By God’s grace, over the past 13 years, that is exactly what we have been a part of. Not just a church, but a MOVE OF GOD!
I had the privilege of joining the Lifepointe staff the summer of 2005 as a summer youth intern, and then full-time in 2006. Since then, I have seen God do some incredible things in the life of our church. Here’s my top three “Only God” moments from the past 13 years:
1. First Outdoor Baptisms – In the summer of 2005, we held our first outdoor baptisms at a nearby neighborhood pool. At the baptisms, right at 10 people went public with their decision to follow Jesus. Among the ten baptized was a man previously released from jail, who gave his life to the Lord after just a few months of being at Lifepointe! Only God.
2. Local School Mentor Program – At Lifepointe, we have a heart to reach children, both inside andoutside of our church. Why? Because, 85% of people who make a decision to follow Jesus will do so between the ages of 4- and 14-years-old. Back in 2012, I began to pray specifically that God would give us influence in our local elementary schools, so we could directly impact the lives of children. After praying and building relationships with local principles and school board members, Principle Olinger of Springfield Elementary School in Fort Mill asked if Lifepointe would be willing to provide mentors for their brand new LEAD program. Now, two years later, we are mentoring more than 65 kids across multiple schools, and in two states! The best part is, we are just getting started! Only God.
3. Groundbreaking Ceremony – In March of 2016, I witnessed a miracle, as hundreds of Lifepointers came to worship and celebrate together the new 12-acre property that will soon become Lifepointe’s first permanent campus. I say “miracle”, because what most people don’t know is, less than 5 years ago, Lifepointe was experiencing its lowest point financially, declining attendance rates, and lack of clear vision for the future. By God’s grace alone, we have since:
- more than doubled in size as a church
- nearly tripled our general budget
- given back to our Impact Partners right at 1/4 of a million dollars
- AND, not only closed on our new campus, but are well on our way to completion of Phase One of our new church building!
That is not supposed to happen! That is not normal! That is, in fact, a MIRACLE! Only God.
So, I want to personally invite you to celebrate with us during Lifepointe’s Anniversary services on Sunday, September 10th, at 9:30 or 11:15am! This year’s Anniversary will truly be a Sunday to remember as we honor the past 13 years, look ahead to the future, reveal our NEW Lifepointe logo, give away FREE T-shirts to those who attend in person, and, most important, celebrate BAPTISMS!
Makes plans now to be here, and invite your family and friends by sharing the event we’ve posted on our Facebook Fan Page! Then, come early with a grateful heart that Sunday, anticipating that the Best Is Yet To Come!
With a grateful heart,
Nate Siemon, Lead Pastor